Clothespin Toy Gun
Materials: Clothespin, Rubberband, Safety Goggles, Exacto Knife, Heavy-duty Scissors
- After putting on safety goggles, take apart the clothespin.
- Mark one of the halves of the clothespin with a pencil as indicated.
- Use the heavy-duty scissors to cut along the line drawn on the clothespin.
- This is how your clothespin should look if you place them together.
- Make an indentation on the first hole closest to the thin side of the clothespin in the direction towards the thick part of the long half of the clothespin.
- This is how the indentation should look. This is where your “trigger” will be.
- Place the two halves of the clothespin together.
- Wrap a rubberband around the thicker halves of the clothespin.
- Slide the metal spring back onto the long half of the clothespin so that the spring part is in the direction of the thick part of the clothespin.
- Move the short half of the clothespin on top of one metal prong so that it sits in the hole of the short half of the clothespin.
- Slide the short half back so that the holes of the two clothespin meet and the prong sits in between the large hole. The gun is now complete!
- To insert ammo, slightly lift up the short half of the clothespin.
- Insert ammo in between the short and long halves of the clothespin.
- You’re ready to shoot!
Now you have a cool, mini hand-made toy gun you can use to play and practice your aim with anytime!